Why do people get counseling?
We all experience challenges in life’s normal stages: marriage, career choices, parenting, and aging. Also, unexpected events such as divorce, illness, unemployment, untimely death, inability to have children, or a traumatic event may occur. There are times when families can feel overwhelmed. It is during these times that professional counseling can be helpful. We offer professional counseling based on Christian principals.
How do you know if counseling could benefit you or your family? John 10:10 (KJV) provides a guideline for when to seek help: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly. If there are issues in your life, which regularly prevent you from enjoying life, you may need to seek help.
Call us today with with your questions or to schedule a consultation:
Robert F. (Fred) Selby, Jr. LPC, LMFT, CT, DAAETS
For an appointment: 225-223-1497
- Fred has been Associate Director of Granberry Counseling Centers since November 2006
- Married to Genie and has a beautiful daughter, Courtney, who has recently received her Juris Doctorate
- Licensed as a Marriage and Family Therapist and as a Professional Counselor. He is certified in Thanatology (death, dying and bereavement), a Board Certified Expert in Traumatic Stress, and is Board Certified in Bereavement Trauma
- A Certified Trainer for Independent Living Skills for Adolescents.
- In 2009, Fred was appointed by Louisiana’s Governor to the Licensed Professional Counselors Board of Examiners and
the Marriage and Family Advisory Committee and to the Commission for Marriage and Family.
- Fred graduated from Southwestern Baptist Theological Seminary with a Master of Divinity degree in August 1975
- Earned a Doctor of Divinity degree in 1985 from California Graduate School of Theology
- In 1997, he graduated from New Orleans Baptist Theological Seminary with a Master of Divinity degree in Psychology and Counseling.