Date(s) - 01/20/2022
6:00 am - 5:00 pm
Sewing Servants are planning a mission day trip on January 20 to Pointe aux Chenes in south Louisiana to do continued hurricane relief with the Native American tribe, The Houma People Nation whose community was devastated by Hurricane Ida. Most are living in makeshift structures and have lost most of what they owned.
The Mission: Preparing/serving meals and delivering donated items
How can you help?
– Volunteer: you can go to help serve meals and deliver supplies.
– Donate: you can donate needed supplies.
– Pray: pray for the volunteers and the people they will serve.
If I volunteer to go, how will we get there?
– Caravan and carpool using private vehicles.
What time will we leave and return?
– Leave from the church parking lot at 6:00am
– Expect to return around 5:00pm
What items are needed?
– Towels & wash cloths
– You can donate both new and used items.
How can I get the items to the Sewing Servants?
– Sunday drop-off points (indicated by signage) are:
– South Entrance: at the information desk to the left as you enter the building.
– East Entrance: to the left as you enter the building.
– West Entrance: to the left as you enter the building.
– Monday drop-off:
– At the ROC during the weekly Sewing Servants meeting from 9:00am-3:00pm.
I need more information, who can I talk to?
– Barbara Kellar 985-630-3812
– Joyce Toups 985-630-1440