Through our partnership with the Samaritan Center, Thanksgiving meals will be provided to area families in need through the “Giving Thanks Program.” Each meal consists of a set list of non-perishable food items and $50 worth of perishable foods distributed by Winn Dixie. You can be a part of this in several ways.
- ABF classes can participate as a class and provide a meal. All that has to be done is to purchase the non-perishable food items on the attached list and donate $50 for the purchase of the perishable food items.
- Individuals and families can participate by purchasing the non-perishable food items and donating $50 for the purchase of the perishable food items.
- Individuals and classes can participate in the distribution of the meals by coming to the church on Sunday afternoon November 17. Families receiving the meals will be instructed to come to the church from 1:30pm until 5:30pm on that day. This provides FBC with a wonderful opportunity to connect with these families as they come on our campus.
- Pray for the family that will be blessed by this program and your generosity.
- Take the list to the grocery store of your choice and purchase the non-perishable items.
- Pack the items together along with a $50 check to First Baptist Church to cover the cost of the perishable food items.
- Drop the items off at the “Giving Thanks” kiosk in the church foyer.
If you have questions, please contact Glynn Robinson in the church office at 985-892-2149 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.