Looking to Visit?
Here’s what You can Expect:
SERVICE TIMES & LOCATION:
3 Great Services…1 Awesome Message!
Saturday Evening Worship at 6:00 pm
You’re invited to experience Jesus in a new way at our more laid-back Saturday service. You’ll have the opportunity to respond to His radical love for us through passionate worship songs, some old and some new. The Word of God is living and active, so the message you hear will focus on helping you apply the ancient text of Scripture to your 21st century life.
Sunday Mornings at 9:30 am and 11:00 am
Your personal relationship with our Savior is the most important thing to us. We want you to draw closer to Him through singing, praying, listening, and joining with other believers on Sunday morning. Godly community and biblical teaching are life changing, and God has a plan for what He wants to do in your life at First Baptist Church of Covington.
At the 9:30 am service, you’ll hear familiar inspirational hymns and songs and join in worship with the choir and orchestra. God moves through traditional church music, and the sermon is the same in both services each week.
At the 11:00 am service, we invite you to participate in contemporary worship by joining in song with our dynamic worship team. The sermon will help you internalize the Word of God, applying God’s timeless truth to your present day context.
What is First Baptist Church of Covington like?
We aren’t perfect, but Jesus is. Come as you are. There’s no dress code here, so wear what allows you to focus on worship. Whether you are passionate about Jesus, still trying to figure it out, or have honest doubts and reservations, you are welcome at FBC Covington. You will be greeted when you walk through the door and embraced by those around you in the Worship Center. Every Sunday we pray, receive verse-by-verse teaching from the Bible, and worship God through different styles of music.
Are you looking for ways to get deeper involved in the church?
To get connected with FBC Covington start with Discovery Class. This is a non-threatening way for you to have an opportunity to ask questions as well as get to know the Pastoral Team and other members and worshipers. This class covers the purpose, values, vision & strategy of FBC, Covington. You will leave Discovery Class with a Personal Action Plan to discover your place on the team and the right Connect Group for you. Register for the next Discovery Class.
The best way to feel connected and comfortable in a new church is to join a Connect Group. These groups are simple gatherings of people from all walks of life who share a common purpose – to grow in the faith. Built on the truth of Scripture, Connect Groups are the heart of community at FBC Covington. Find your group by clicking here.
- Connection Center – When people have questions, the Connection Center is where we want them to come and get answers. This large area is at the center of the campus and will serve the needs of members and guests. Contained within the Connection Center is the main Information Desk where people can register for events, get informed about ministries, or connect for the first time on our campus.
- Connection Coffee + Books – Offering the smells and tastes of coffee, specialty drinks, and snacks, the cafe will serve our community and church family each day of the week (closed on Fridays ). Centrally located within the Connection Center, Connection Coffee + Books will be a great meeting place for people to build relationships with one another.
- Equip Bookstore – The Equip Bookstore will service the needs of our church and community and will soon be known as the premier Christian bookstore on the Northshore. Helping us equip people with important resources, this bookstore will help us accomplish the goals we set out in our Equip Discipleship Strategy.
- Hospitality Room – Built with guests in mind, this room will be a meeting space for newcomers to the church to meet our pastors and staff and get acquainted with other church leaders following worship services.
- Home Point – A special room designed with family discipleship in mind, this room will be a resource room to help build strong families. Equipped with resources to help with various life issues and stages, guests and members can swing by the Home Point room and receive encouragement, prayer and suggestions on how to meet the needs of each family member.
- Family Room Suite – A special room designed for families with babies and very young children, this suite of rooms will include an outer room where the baby and their parents (mom and/or dad) can experience the worship service via closed-circuit TV and high-quality sound without worrying about disrupting others. The inner room will be a private space for nursing mothers to comfortably experience the worship service. A family restroom is also included in the Family Room Suite to meet the needs of parents and children.
- Volunteers – Our volunteers are a key factor in serving the membership and guests of FBC Covington. The Volunteer Room has secured lockers to hold personal items while volunteers serve throughout the campus.
- Worship Center – The worship center has a seating capacity of 2382 people and is equipped with state of the art audio and video components. The room has been designed to encourage congregational singing with special acoustic panels to allow the congregation to hear themselves sing. With the rows and seats marked with letters/numbers, the worship center will also be able to be used for special events and concerts. The baptistry area is intimately positioned to the left of the room, allowing for friends and family to have a special view of their loved one following the Lord in baptism. Our prayer is that those who enter will encounter God and His word in a special way through the preaching and worship ministry of the church.
- Back of House – Behind the worship center platform is a suite of rooms that meet the needs of many church ministries. This includes band rehearsal space, choir & orchestra rehearsal space, a state-of-the-art recording suite for audio and video recording, baptism changing rooms, space to prepare communion, and much more.
- Administration (Church Office) – The church offices will be relocated to the new construction on the south side of the campus. The current offices will be renovated to help meet the growing needs of our Special Friends ministry.
- Outdoor Baptistry – Located on the south side of the church in the plaza area, the outdoor baptistry will be a special place for people to celebrate and declare their new relationship with Christ through believer’s baptism.
- Preschool/Children – Located on two floors respectively, the building has a graduating theme of “acorns to oak trees”. This area of our church is bursting with colors and immersed in Scripture verses throughout the building. Just outside the check-in area of the Preschool (first floor), is the Bayou Corral for toddlers and the Indoor Play area for older children.
- The Cross – Located between Central Hall and the Connection Center, this 24ft. cross is trimmed in cypress and is a central location and icon for our people. Regardless of which entrance one uses (South, Central, East, or West), all directions lead to the cross.
- Central Hall – Formerly used as the Worship Center, this large multi-purpose room will continue to serve our educational needs, along with use for weddings, special events, and fellowship.
Connection Coffee + Books
Monday: 9am - 3pm
Tuesday: 9am - 3pm
Wednesday: 9am - 3pm
Thursday: 9am - 3pm
Sunday: 7:30am - 12:30pm
Monday: 10am - 3pm
Tuesday: 10am - 3pm
Wednesday: 10am - 7pm
Thursday: 10am - 3pm
Saturday: 4pm - 6pm
Sunday: 8am - 12:30pm
Monday: 9am - 3pm
Tuesday: 9am - 3pm
Wednesday: 9am - 6:30pm
Thursday: 9am - 3pm
Sunday: 12pm - 1pm