Dr. Waylon Bailey
Making Disciples and Opening Up
This is the purpose of First Baptist Church: We exist to help people know and accept Jesus Christ and through Him experience life-changing relationships.
We do this because Jesus gave us the command to go into all the world making disciples. He told us to baptize and to teach, and we take the process of making disciples seriously. We have been given the opportunity to reach children and adults and to lead them into becoming fully devoted followers of Christ.
For these reasons we are moving forward as quickly and safely as possible (now under Phase Three) to initiate teaching and training opportunities.
Here are disciple-making opportunities which are open, or will be opening soon:
Tuesday Men’s Breakfast begins this Tuesday, September 15, at 6:30 AM in the Fellowship Hall.
Wednesday Morning – September 16th:
• MESSY RELATIONSHIPS led by Martha Bailey – is a Women’s Bible Study – beginning this Wednesday, September 16, at 10 AM in the Worship Center.
Wednesday Night – September 23rd:
• Preschool, Children, and Youth Activities begin in-person at 6:30 PM
• The Pastor’s Bible Study which I call Wednesday Worship will begin at 6:45 PM in Central Hall with a study of 1-2 Corinthians. In person or on-line.
• Financial Peace University – learn how money doesn’t have to be stressful, how to build a legacy, dump
debt, communicate in marriage, & plan for your future. Room W401 at 6:45PM. In person or on-line.
• PLACE, a study of spiritual gifts, helps you determine your best fit for ministry through First Baptist Church and for the kingdom of God. Room W405 at 6:45PM. In person or on-line.
Wednesday Night – September 30th:
• The Armor of God Women’s Bible Study will challenge you to suit up, stand firm, and secure victory in your life against the invisible war raging around you every day. East Assembly at 6:45PM. In person only.
These are only some of the opportunities beginning soon and we look forward to seeing all of you who are able.