Martha and I are happy to be home and thankful to be with you as we collectively seek to please God with all our ways.
My sermon today comes from Psalm 37, an acrostic Hebrew poem that describes confident
dependence on God. This psalm contains many well-known verses, but to me the greatest is verse four that tells us, “Delight in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart.” I want to ask you to make this new school year a time to delight in the Lord by yielding your ways to His way and seeking to make Him Lord of your life.
As we go through this year, I will attempt to remind you to wait on the Lord, committing your way to Him as Psalm 37 constantly calls us to do.
Beginning the weekend of August 17-18, I will begin a series of sermons from the prophecy of Jeremiah, called Faithful. Jeremiah is one of the easiest recognized personalities in Holy Scripture. As we go through parts of the book, we will see the personality of this gentle but determined man. He truly exhibited faithful living before the Lord.
Jeremiah’s day was a day of doom and destruction. Jeremiah and the people of Judah experienced devastating loss and anguish yet Jeremiah remained faithful through it all.
As we look for new worship leadership in our 6:00pm and 11:00am services, here are five things you need to know:
1. God knows our needs and will supply them all (Philippians 4:19). We will continue to trust Him and call upon Him in prayer.
2. We have diligently begun our search for new leadership.
3. David Logan, our Minister of Music, is extremely capable to give us the direction we need in our musical worship and to continue great worship experiences.
4. All of our services will remain as they have been for the last two years – 9:30am with choir and orchestra; 6:00pm and 11:00am band led.
5. We will have guest leaders from time to time. Today we welcome Melody Gonzales to lead at 6:00pm and 11:00am.