What if we reimagined
MISSIONS for GOOD?
Imagine a local and global missions focus that concentrates on deepest needs of the people we seek to reach and serve that can result in genuine and sustainable outcomes.
Imagine engaging neighborhoods and communities not as missions projects but as true neighbors and partners with a vision of developing communities with kingdom purpose.
What if we worked along with neighborhood leaders and citizens to understand the issues that prevent transformation and change? What if we engaged communities seeking to empower them to transform their neighborhood for good? God will move as we seek to do MISSIONS for GOOD. We will be good neighbors in our community, in our city, and in our world.
Our Vision Statement
As FBC Covington seeks to engage local and global communities, we recognize that traditional models of missions and engagement are broken and often harmful rather than good. We want to shift that paradigm in the places God sends us. We will work to be good partners and neighbors in ministry and development that will seek to listen, empower, and love without creating dependency or stripping away dignity from those we serve.
By building relationships with local and global leaders who are already faithfully serving their communities, we will assist in addressing real needs rather than perceived needs. As we discover the missional avenues that best serve each specific community, we look forward to working side-by-side with leaders and residents alike for holistic neighborhood development and for the glory of God.
Where Will You Go?
Get Involved when disaster strikes and respond immediately.
Get Involved in Doing Missions For Good
As you pray, please consider praying for some of our global and local mission partners.
- India – Jeevan Jyoti Baptist Church - Pastor Devaraju and his wife Sheela
- Colombia – El Redil De Belen Church - Pastor Jonathan Calle and his wife Zarina
- Czech Republic – IMB Missionaries Brian and Allie McClure – Pastor David Zivor and his wife Eliska
- Uganda – Develop A Child African Ministries (DACAM), Cross Healing Ministries, Care Medical Centre, and Teenage Mothers Outreach (TEMO)
- The Samaritan Center – assists people with emergency food and benevolence needs
- Northlake Crisis Pregnancy Center – helps parents in crisis while upholding the sanctity of human life
- James Samaritan – supports the needs of the foster care community
- West 30’s Redemption Company – helps families through the blessing of affordable homeownership
- Giving Hope Retreat – serves men who are suffering from addiction, mental illness, and physical or sexual abuse. We serve by providing rescue, recovery, and re-engagement into the community. A ministry of New Orleans Mission
- Lynhaven Retreat - serves women who are suffering from addiction, mental illness, and physical or sexual abuse. We serve by providing rescue, recovery, and re-engagement into the community. A ministry of New Orleans Mission