Look Higher. Live Higher.
About Ascend Student Ministry
Ascend Student Ministry of First Baptist Church exists to lead 7th-12th grade students and their parents to experience life-changing relationships.
We do this by:
- Introducing students to a personal, life-changing relationship with the God who created them. We dive into God’s Word (the Bible), share with them the life and ministry of God’s Son (Jesus), and show them what this means to their personal lives.
- Inviting them to join other believers on the life-changing mission of following their Creator. We invite them to join a Connect Group with others their age, offer exciting opportunities to serve and grow (Camps, Mission Trips & Retreat weekends), and provide a great facility to enjoy life-changing fellowship.
- Investing in their lives through meaningful mentorship with God-honoring adult leadership. We connect students with trained and approved adults who will take an active role in their spiritual growth.
Come and join us as we ASCEND towards Him!
We hope your family will come and experience what life-changing relationships look like by joining us at Ascend Student Ministry!
Sep 202009/23/2020 – Ascend Weekly Gathering - Junior High
09/27/2020 – Ascend Sunday Morning Connect Groups - 9:30am
09/27/2020 – Ascend Sunday Morning Connect Groups - 11:00am
09/27/2020 – Ascend Weekly Gathering - High School
09/30/2020 – Ascend Weekly Gathering - Junior High
Oct 202010/04/2020 – Ascend Weekly Gathering - High School
10/07/2020 – Ascend Weekly Gathering - Junior High
10/11/2020 – Ascend Weekly Gathering - High School
10/14/2020 – Ascend Weekly Gathering - Junior High
10/18/2020 – Ascend Weekly Gathering - High School
10/21/2020 – Ascend Weekly Gathering - Junior High
Sunday Morning Connect Groups
We’re back! Students in 7th-12th grade, join us Sunday mornings in person at 9:30am or 11:00am to get Connected in Small Group Bible Fellowship. We can’t wait to see you!
Please wear a mask to ensure everyone’s health and safety.
Connect Groups are offered for grades 7-12. In a Connect Group you will experience:
- CONNECTING –Beginning in Connect Groups, a close-knit circle of friends can be formed beyond the walls of the church. With these groups come a safe place to express concerns and an atmosphere of healthy transparency. In a small group setting like Connect Groups, you can find deeper love and acceptance.
- GROWING – More than simply hearing another sermon, Connect Groups provide involvement and time to participate in open discussions regarding biblical principles and spiritual growth. This time will help you dig in and better understand the ideas and concepts in the Word of God.
- MULTIPLYING – Connect Groups encourage you to exercise your spiritual gifts to uplift the body of Christ. This is done in a variety of ways to ensure that there is a place for everyone.
Ascend High School Sunday Nights: Begins 8/9
Ascend Junior High Wednesday Nights: Begins 8/12
8:20am on select Sundays
Lead U is a group of student leaders who meet to grow as leaders and influencers in our Student ministry and beyond. Involvement is invitation-based and students agree to a code of conduct and expectations.
Bible Discovery [POSTPONED]
Bible Discovery meets during the school year and offers a time to be trained in Bible Memorization (Bible Drill material), apologetics, and practical instruction. This hour will prepare you to compete at the highest level of Bible Drills, but more importantly, you’ll commit Scripture to your heart and know how to apply it to your life.
Starts back in August. See our events page for current activities.
Minister, College & Young Families
Email Josh: email@example.com
Minister, Family Life
Email Bill: firstname.lastname@example.org
Email Jade: email@example.com