The primary goal of the worship and tech teams at FBC is to lead our congregation in singing praises to God. The band, vocalists, choirs, orchestra, sound, lighting, and video teams all work together in unison to engage the eyes, ears, heart, and mind of each person worshiping in our worship center as well as through our live stream and TV ministries. We believe that God has created music for His glory and to bring a very special unity among the diverse people that belong to His church. We strive to create opportunities for people of all ages and backgrounds to sing and praise in unison as we worship God.
If you sing or play an instrument, we have opportunities for you to use your God-given gifts to lead others in worship. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information about these musical worship teams.
Singers: There are several great ways to lift your voice in praise as part of our weekly worship services and special events throughout the year:
- FBC Choir – The FBC Choir equips men and women of all ages to praise God with their voice. Practice is on Wednesday nights from 6:45 – 8:00pm and the choir leads worship each week in the Sunday 9:30am service. No previous vocal experience is necessary and the choir’s primary focus is to lead the congregation in worshiping God through music. For those with children, ministry opportunities are available for preschool, children, and teens of all ages during this choir rehearsal time. The choir leads worship during special musical presentations at Christmas and other services throughout the year.
- Vocalists – Our vocal teams lead worship in the 9:30am service with the choir/orchestra as well as in the Saturday 6:00pm & Sunday 11:00am services with the praise band. This group of singers is selected from those who are actively engaged in our choir ministry. These singers are auditioned with a strong emphasis on spiritual leadership and maturity. Singers serve on a rotation based on the needs of each service and the singer’s schedule.
- Children’s Choir – Practice is on Sunday evenings from 5:00-6:00pm. Grades K-6th. Our Children’s Choir performs special musical productions at Christmas and in the Spring and also leads in worship as part of our Multi-Generational Choir.
- Youth Choir – Practice is on Sunday evenings from 5:00-6:00pm for students in 7th-12th grade. Our Youth Choir leads as part of our Multi-Generational Choir throughout the year as well as in special events.
- Multi-Generational Choir – Our worship ministry places a strong focus on creating opportunities for all ages and generations to worship together through music. On a regular basis throughout the year, we will combine our children, youth, adult choirs and orchestra to create special moments of Multigenerational worship. The Multi-Generational Choir also leads for our Christmas presentation as well as other special events.
- Celebration Singers – This is an exciting opportunity for adults 55+ to use their voices to minister to others during the week. The Celebration singers meets on Tuesday mornings and sings all over the region at choir festivals, senior living communities, and other special events. A number of our senior adults sing in both the Celebration Singers and the FBC Choir. For more information contact David Rockett at email@example.com
Instrumentalists: For those who have developed their God-given skills on a musical instrument, there are awesome opportunities to use this gift during our weekly worship services and special events:WORSHIP TEAM APPLICATION
- Orchestra – Practice is on Wednesday nights from 6:00 – 6:45pm and the orchestra leads worship each week in the 9:30am service as well as other services and special events throughout the year. The orchestra includes any orchestral brass, woodwind, string, or percussion instruments as well as rhythm section instruments such as drums, bass guitar, electric guitar, mandolin, keyboards and more. Orchestra members are auditioned and interviewed with a focus on spiritual leadership and maturity.
- Praise Band – The band leads worship in our Saturday 6:00pm & Sunday 11:00am services and the primary rehearsal time is Saturday at 4pm. Band members serve on a rotating basis and are auditioned and interviewed with a focus on spiritual leadership and maturity. If you play acoustic guitar, electric guitar, bass guitar, drums, or keyboard, this team will provide you with opportunities to strive for musical excellence as you use your gifts for God’s glory. Vocal leaders for these services are selected from those who are engaged in our choir ministry. Praise Band members also have opportunities to worship with the orchestra on a rotating basis.
For Media Volunteers
Have a passion for technology or media arts? Become a member of the sound, lighting, or video teams. No experience is necessary; all it takes is a desire to serve the Lord. Training is provided. If you enjoy the technical arts, please contact David Jones at firstname.lastname@example.org